Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Celebration of World Tourism Month in Cape Town



September is World Tourism Month and the City of Cape Town is doing a lot in order to celebrate it the right way. On World Tourism Day, 27 September 2013, the celebration culminates, when Cape Town’s Big Six attractions will sign a Responsible Tourism Charter.

By signing the Charter, the chief executives of the Big Six – the Table Mountain Cableway, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, the V&A Waterfront, Groot Constantia, Cape Point and the Robben Island Museum – will commit to a more sustainable and responsible tourism industry in Cape Town, in line with the 2013 World Tourism Day theme “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future”.

In Cape Town, September traditionally has a strong focus on citizen tourism. Residents, Cape Town’s best ambassadors, are encouraged to become tourists in their own city by making use of affordable and exciting experiences right on their doorstep.

“Tourism is a key economic driver for Cape Town and the largest contributing sector to the Western Cape economy. The City has lined up programmes aimed at growing local tourism this month and will be encouraging residents to discover the hidden gems within our beautiful destination,” said the City’s Mayoral Committee Member for Tourism, Events and Marketing, Councillor Grant Pascoe.

Cape Town was awarded the accolade of the ‘World's Top City in Africa and the Middle East’ in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2013 as well as being ranked fourth overall in the Top 10 Cities in the World list.

Other accolades include being named:
The ‘16th Top Destination in the World’ and ‘Top Destination in Africa’ by TripAdvisor’s travel community in 2013; 
The ‘Favourite City Worldwide’ by 17 000 Telegraph readers at The Telegraph Travel Awards in 2012; 
The ‘Number Two City in the World’ and the ‘Top City in Africa’ in the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2012;
The ‘Best Beach Destination in Africa’ at the World Travel Awards 2012; 
Eighth in the ‘Top 10 Truly Unique Beaches in the World’ by Tripadvisor 2012; 
‘One of the World’s Ten Most Loved Cities 2012’ by CNNgo.

See the full article see here.

2 comments:

  1. Simply coooool,I really love your writing style that you are using for your posts and stuff..Cheap Mombasa Flight

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYBODY READ THIS TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A LEGIT AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY My name is Kjerstin Lis, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts, everyone I met scammed and took my money until I finally met Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee He was able to give me a loan of R 450,000.00.He also helped some other colleagues of mine. i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i meant the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr, Benjamin, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan, i invited him over to my family get-together party which he did not decline and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee via email at (Lfdsloans@outlook.com ) because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender I have ever met with a caring heart. He doesn't know that i am doing this by spreading his goodwill towards me but I feel I should share this with you all to free yourself from scammers, please beware of impersonators and contact the right loan company Email us via:  Lfdsloans@outlook.com   or whatsapp +1-989-394-3740.  .  

    ReplyDelete